Saturday, August 17, 2013

Model Classroom!

I am super excited about the 2013-2014 Academic School Year!  For the second year in a row, I was asked to host a Model Classroom Presentation for the new Middle School Teachers of Cumberland County Schools.


My room is bright and bold (just like me)!  I believe that too many of our middle school classrooms are brown, black, and gray.  Color is conducive to learning.

A room waiting for children!

My desk is hidden behind the bookshelf (which is alright because I'm never at my desk).   The yellow boxes are used to submit assignments (current work in the top tray & missing work in the bottom tray).

Reading Corner - Making reading comfortable and fun.


I utilize the containers at the top to house library folders.  The folders include reading levels (STAR Reports), book reports, and other library materials.

I morphed these picture frames into my Word Wall.  They were originally black so I covered them with contact paper and fabric.

I wholeheartedly believe in posting an Agenda and your Focus Standard each day.

Marlow Artis, Model Classroom Facilitator (that's me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment