|Rudy Tatum is eager to join Cumberland County's Board of Education.|
Here is our in-depth interview about what he will bring to the table if he's elected:
About Rudy Tatum:
FAMILY AND EXPERIENCE
- Family: wife, Eleanor, retired teacher and two daughters, Meg and Beth, who attended our county schools and state universities.
- Member of Salem United Methodist Church.
- Elementary, Middle, High School, Central Office Experience.
- Principal, Teacher, Parent Facilitator, Director of Federal Programs and Instructional Specialist.
- *Ed.S, East Carolina University
- *MA, Fayetteville State University
- *BS, Campbell University
- *Graduate, Cumberland County Schools
- Recipient of The High Flying School Award.
- Recipient of The NC Order of the Long Leaf Pine Award.
- Recipient of The US Blue Ribbon School Award.
- Recipient of The US Title I Distinguished School Award.
- Recognized by NC Governor as the top school in NC for working conditions and student achievement.
- Recognized by SDPI for sustained academic student achievement.
- Recipient of NC Governor's Instructional Program of Excellence Award.
- Recognized in Southeast Curriculum Coordination Network Communiqué for demonstrations and research and development on documenting student achievement.
- Recipient of NC R&D grant to develop and field-test computer software to document student achievement of course objectives. The results were used to develop the Vocational Competency Achievement Tracking System (VoCATS) for North Carolina.
- Served as member of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Visitation Committee.
- Selected to represent Cumberland County Schools in the NC Model Instruction Technology Contest.
- Developed vocational instruction guide recognized by NC instructional review team.