Wednesday, September 17, 2014

2014-2015 Cumberland County Schools Teacher of the Year Celebration/Banquet

My grandmother and I at the 2014-2015 Cumberland County Schools Teacher of the Year Banquet.

Six and a half years ago at the age of 20, I started at South View Middle School as the Administrative Assistant to the Principal.  I held that position for two and a half years before transitioning to my dream job - 6th Grade English/Language Arts Teacher.



Needless to say, I was beyond shocked when it was announced in May 2014 that I had been selected as the Teacher of the Year for my school.  I was finishing my 4th year, and it was my first year of eligibility.  I was/am extremely proud to represent the wonderful and dedicated individuals of South View Middle.



This summer, I spent countless hours creating my portfolio for the competition in anticipation of my attendance area interview.  The interview went very well, and I was selected as the Teacher of the Year for the South View District.  View the following video and pictures to discover the developments of the county-wide competition.



Beautiful Decorations and Venue!

Elegance Personified!

Complete with a Red Carpet.

Attendance Area Coordinators!

Another shot of my grandmother and I.

Table-mates from Hope Mills Middle School.

South View High School's Teacher of the Year.

Mrs. Kehoe (Principal of SVMS) and I.
  
In the hallway before the big entrance.

Ms. Dunham's wonderful acceptance speech.  She is a great representative for Cumberland County Schools!

Proud recipient of a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze!

From Administrative Assistant to 1st Runner Up for the CCS Teacher of the Year Competition. Not too bad!

Greg West (Chairman of the School Board), Amy Noble (2013-2014 Teacher of the Year), and Dr. Till (Superintendent).

I am blessed to be in their company!

Stay tuned to my blog, I am hoping to score a one-on-one interview with CCS Teacher of the Year - Myra Dunham.

Congratulations to all CCS TOYs!

Photos courtesy of Darin Craig (Lifetouch Photography) and Laurie Pender (CCS Communications Office).

No comments:

Post a Comment