Friday, February 7, 2014

Tar Heel Teachers Episode 1: Teacher Tenure/Pay in NC

Red
Two teachers supporting the NCAE's Decline to Sign Campaign

All eyes are on education in North Carolina, and unfortunately the discussions are not about Curriculum and Instruction.  Legislative Adjustments to teacher tenure or career status and a new contract system (25% of the teachers offered 4-year contracts while the other 75% will receive 1-year contracts) have everyone talking about the politics of education.


North Carolina Association of Educators (NCAE) has been very vocal.  The Association has sued the state, challenging the elimination of tenure and school voucher laws.  Decline to Sign, their most recent campaign, is rapidly gaining supporters. 

Recently, I sat down with Joseph Sorce (President of CCAE, Cumberland County's Local Association of Educators/Affiliated with NCAE) to discuss the campaign and other related topics.

Click on the link below to watch the interview, which serves as the first episode of our new video series.


Share your thoughts on what's going on in NC.