Friday, July 25, 2014

Governor's Teacher Network


The GTN was recently created to give outstanding NC teachers a statewide platform to share professional development resources and instructional materials.
May 30, 2014 will go down as one of the most anticipated days for many North Carolina teachers.  Teacher-Leaders from every county in the state waited on bated breath to see if they would be admitted to the Governor's Teacher Network.  I was one of those teachers.

Would I be granted the opportunity to conduct professional development for teachers around the state?  Would I be able to create instructional materials that could benefit a plethora of statewide stakeholders?  Would I receive the $10,000 supplement? The answers are yes, yes, and yes!

At 4:13 PM, I received my confirmation email!  I am so proud and excited about this honor because it will not just benefit me, but so many other teachers and students.

On June 30th and July 1st, I attended the GTN Conference at the Sheraton Imperial Ballroom in Raleigh. 

In the video below, I recount my experience at the GTN conference.



 Here are a couple memorable photos from the event:

Selfie with the State Superintendent - Dr. June Atkinson!

Governor Pat McCrory with 4 NC teachers including me!
You can watch Governor McCrory's speech by visiting this link - http://www.wral.com/performance-based-pay-plan-for-nc-teachers-unveiled/13779857/

Keep reading my blog because I will post regular updates about my progress with The Governor's Teacher Network. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment